I’m back again!! It’s been about a year since my last recipe blog post (OMG), but I never stop cooking for my husband!! I’ve been posting photos on Instagram but not publishing new blog posts. That’s about to change!
This time around, I will be creating more delicious, healthy recipes and I will be using our own fruits, vegetables and other organic stuff from our food forest and fruit farm.
So today I will tease your tastebuds with my new recipe for New Zealand mussels. It’s actually going to be two recipes with totally different tastes. My husband doesn’t like any kind of seafood, so it’s his loss is my parents gain x2! 555
12 New Zealand Mussels on the Half Shell
- Unsalted butter
- Himalayan salt
- Black pepper
How to Prepare Garlic Butter
- Chop the garlic and carrots and add to lightly melted butter
- Add a little salt and black pepper
- Mix it up
- Place a mound of the garlic butter on top of each mussel
- Put it in microwave, pan or oven bake them
- When they are done, garnish with parsley
- Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 3-4 Lime
- Dill (fresh from our kitchen garden)
How to Prepare Spicy Salad
- Chop the shallots, chili, tomatoes, dill and mushrooms
- Place mushrooms in a pan and bring to boil
- Add 1 Tbs of hot water in to a bowl
- Add 1 Tsp of brown sugar to the bowl and mix it in until the sugar melts
- Drop in a little bit of salt
- Add lime juice
- Add chili, tomatoes, shallot, mushroom and dill
- Stream the mussels and squeeze some lime juice on top
- When the mussels are cooked, add spicy salad on top and then they are ready to serve
Thank you for reading my New Zealand mussels recipes, I hope you like them and have fun experimenting in your kitchen and enjoying your mussels.
Which do you prefer, New Zealand mussels in garlic butter or New Zealand mussels with a spicy mushroom salad? Let me know in the comments below how you like your mussels.
New Zealand Mussel Recipe